NCUIH to Testify before Congress on “Native Veterans’ Access to Healthcare”
The hearing hosted by the House Veterans’ Affairs, Subcommittee on Health will take place on Wednesday, October 30, 2019 at 10:00 AM EST.
On Wednesday, October 30, 2019, the Committee on Veterans’ Affairs, Subcommittee on Health will hold a hearing entitled “Native Veterans’ Access to Healthcare.” This oversight hearing will examine the unique barriers American Indian and Alaska Native veterans continue to face when seeking access to quality, culturally competent care from VA and tribal health systems. NCUIH Board Vice President and CEO of the Indian Health Center of Santa Clara Valley Sonya Tetnowski (Makah) will be testifying before the Subcommittee. With Rep. Brownley presiding, the hearing will take place in House Visitors Center 210 at 10:00 AM EST.
- Andrew C. Joseph Jr., Chairman of the Northwest Portland Area Indian Health Board, National Indian Health Board (NIHB)
- President, National Congress of American Indians (NCAI)
- Chief William Smith, Vice Chairperson, Alaska Native Health Board (ANHB)
- Sonya M. Tetnowski, Vice-President, National Council on Urban Indian Health (NCUIH)
- Chief Marilynn Malerba, Mohegan Tribe of Connecticut, Indian Health Service Tribal Self-Governance Advisory Committee (IHS TSGAC)
- Dr. Kameron Matthews, Deputy Under Secretary for Health for Community Care, Veterans Health Administration
- Dr. Thomas Klobuchar, Executive Director, Office of Rural Health, Department of Veterans Affairs
- Benjamin Smith, Deputy Director for Intergovernmental Affairs, Indian Health Service
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!