Funding Opportunity: UIO Infection Prevention Control Project Champions
NCUIH is recruiting Urban Indian Organizations (UIO) to become Infection Prevention and Control (IPC) Systems Champions with awards up to $40,000 to undertake locally-defined initiatives accompanied by a core set of requirements for targeted training and development as part of Project Firstline.
About Project Firstline Champions
Selected UIOs will have the opportunity to tailor activities and learning opportunities unique to Indian Country and to share their knowledge and expertise in adapting current IPC guidelines to combat the current COVID-19 pandemic on the frontlines of their organizations. Collaborative activities will be facilitated by NCUIH and co-created by UIO IPC Systems Champions in a model that embraces Champions as teacher-learner and relies on 4 key principles of adult learning (involvement, experience-based, problem-centered, immediate relevance).
Goal of the Champion Initiative
Identify and implement sustainable UIO systemic changes in infection prevention and control critical to a culture of safety and create organizations that are flexible and responsive to ongoing needs during the pandemic and beyond.
Opportunity Overview for UIO IPC Systems Champions (IPCSC)
- Maximum of 5 UIOs will be selected
- Competitive awards of up to $40,000
- Duration of participation is 8 months (November 1, 2020 to July 1, 2021)
- Participation requires a commitment to complete the core set of required activities
- Selected Systems Champions will support information gathering, training module and modality development, pilot testing of materials, and participation in frontline staff training within their organization, including potential participation in CDC-supported Project Echo activities
- NCUIH staff bring expertise, experience and support in multiple performance improvement methodologies, including LEAN, Six Sigma, and Just Culture
- Participants are provided access to CDC and other subject matter and training experts
- Option to participate in additional infection prevention and control train-the-trainer opportunities offered by CDC
Deadline: October 30, 2020 11:59 pm ET
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!