https://ncuih.org/wp-content/uploads/Website-Graphics-Logo-Package_NCUIH_D081_V1_NCUIH-News.png 1126 1501 NCUIH https://ncuih.org/wp-content/uploads/NCUIH-2022-Logos_Full-Logo-3.png NCUIH2019-09-23 14:41:022022-12-14 14:44:16PRESS ADVISORY: Events on September 23 and 24 on Improving Outcomes for Missing and Murdered Indigenous Women (MMIW)
A Moment of Silence will happen on September 24 at 8:45am on the Capitol Steps.
- The National Caucus of Native American State Legislators (NCNASL) in partnership with the Administration on Native Americans at the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services and the National Council of Urban Indian Health, Members of Congress, and other key stakeholders.
- The 2019 National Caucus of Native American State Legislators (NCNASL) annual meeting will convene in Washington D.C. on September 23 – 24, 2019. A focus for this year’s meeting is Improving Outcomes from Missing and Murdered Indigenous Women (MMIW).
- The National Council of Urban Indian Health (NCUIH) and the Administration for Native Americans, Administration for Children and Families at the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) have partnered with NCNASL to host a series of roundtables to share efforts, identify gaps, and strategize collaborative opportunities to improve the collective impact on this concerning issue.
- During this two day gathering these partners will all gather together for a moment of silence in honor of the Indigenous men and women who have gone missing or are murdered in our communities, families and across the nation.
Monday, September 23, 2019 – Media Availability
|4:15 PM – 5:15 PM||Media Availability:
||Media Availability for Interviews|
Tuesday, September 24, 2019
|8:45 AM||Moment of Silence||Open to Press|
- Monday, September 23, 2019, National Ballroom A, Westin Washington D.C. City Center
- Tuesday, September 24, 2019 – Capitol Steps, Senate Side
- To RVSP for the Media Availability on Monday, September 23, 2019 or the Moment of Silence on Tuesday, September 24, 2019, please contact Meredith Raimondi, email@example.com no later than Friday, September 20.