Giving Tuesday Press Release
(Download in PDF)
Pledge $10 or more as NCUIH Celebrates #GivingTuesday to Keep Fighting to make sure our Health Care Needs are Met!
Washington, D.C. Nov 27, 2018– This #GivingTuesday, please consider pledging $10 or more a month as NCUIH participates in this global effort by raising awareness on the needs of the over 70% of American Indians and Alaska Natives living in urban areas!
Join #NCUIH and participate in our #GivingTuesday Campaign! Share the love of the season, share the #NCUIHLove and help us! Why? NCUIH is at the forefront of protecting and advocating for Indian health and tribal sovereignty ensure the future of our Urban Indian Health Programs (#UIHPs).
NCUIH works with Congress to promote awareness of AI/AN disparity issues and resources to better serve our AI/AN communities in urban settings. UIHPs receive from NCUIH the best and most up to date technical assistance and representation as possible; as well as to keep up to date with the regulatory, technology-related and public health topics that are impacting UIHPs’ capacity to serve our siblings in a culturally competent and responsive way. Click here to donate now!
For over 20 years, NCUIH has devoted all of its efforts to advocate for Urban Indian Health Programs’ interests and needs before Congress and Federal agencies. NCUIH works with Congress to promote awareness of AI/AN disparity issues and resources to better serve our AI/AN communities in urban settings.
A) Advocating to improve our Urban Health facilities’ viability— as healthcare becomes more expensive and specialized, UIHPs need to ensure financial viability. Many current regulations are deterring facility expansion. NCUIH’s regulatory efforts need your help to:
- Ensure that UIHPs are included and able to benefit from policies and that allow for service expansion
- Ensure that UIHPs have the necessary regulatory backup to cover the most pressing needs of our siblings, aunties, and uncles living in urban settings
- Ensure new and existing members of Congress are aware of the unique needs of Urban Indians and the importance of including Urban organizations in future legislation,
Join the #GivingTuesday share the #NCUIHLove
B) Youth Suicide Prevention—#NCUIH‘s Youth Advisory Council needs your help to:
- Expand the training and opportunities for the Council to be equipped to be the future Urban Indian Health Leaders—and to
- Increase the number of forums for our Urban Indian Youth to educate all of us on the optimal way to keep our youth safe and healthy!
Join the #GivingTuesday share the #NCUIHLove
“At #NCUIH we are extremely inspired by how the #GivingTuesday community has embraced this concept of giving”, said Francys Crevier, Executive Director of NCUIH. “As we prepare for November 27, we’re thrilled and excited by the community’s generosity. Now, more than ever, we need your help.”
Those who are interested in joining #NCUIH this #GivingTuesday initiative can:
- Donate at least $10 per month and be an integral part of NCUIH’s life-changing work (less than 2 drinks at Starbucks and it is going to protect the future of Indian health!)
- Donate a one-time lump amount
- Share our Facebook posts and retweet us to spread the message #NCUIH, #GivingTuesdayshare the #NCUIHLove
- Donate through Amazon! Go to www.smile.amazon.com and select “National Council of Urban Indian Health” as your supporting charity.
Visit www.ncuih.org for more details about NCUIH Visit our Facebook page or follow @NCUIH_Official on Twitter Spread our #NCUIH, #NCUIHLove and the #GivingTuesday hashtag on Twitter
NCUIH is the only national 501(c)(3) organization devoted to the support and development of quality, accessible, and culturally-competent health services for American Indians and Alaska Natives living in urban settings
Founded by the team in the Belfer Center for Innovation & Social Impact at 92nd Y Street http://www.92Y.org, #GivingTuesday is a global giving movement that has been built by individuals, families, organizations, businesses and communities in all 50 states and in countries around the world. This year, #GivingTuesday falls on November 27, 2018.
#GivingTuesday is a global day of giving that harnesses the collective power of individuals, communities and organizations to encourage philanthropy and to celebrate generosity worldwide. Following Thanksgiving and the widely recognized shopping events Black Friday and Cyber Monday, this year’s #GivingTuesday will take place on November 27th, 2018 and will kick off the giving season by inspiring people to collaborate and give back.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!