- This event has passed.
Addressing Emerging Infection Control Threats to Urban Indian Organizations
January 26, 2022 @ 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm
January 26, 2022 | 1:00 p.m. – 2:00 p.m. EST
A Kawe (gathering) of UIO leaders, staff, and community members.
This informational and training webinar is designed to obtain feedback from Urban Indian Organizations (UIOs) on what the current experiences are as it relates to infection control threats and emerging and remerging diseases. We also aim to provide the latest data and Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) guidance for health care and community health workers on the current COVID-19 Delta and Omicron variants.
Breakout sessions will allow for UIOs to share their experiences with each other, followed by a presentation addressing UIO concerns from CDC’s Dr. Abigail Carlson. The session will close with a facilitated Q&A session.
· Dr. Abigail Carlson, CDC
· Kyle Mitchell, Facilitator
1. Hear from UIOs about current IPC challenges
2. Facilitate a forum for UIO members to engage with a CDC expert and discuss concerns
3. Provide the audience with current data and recommendations on how to safely navigate the flu, cold season, and COVID-19 variants
4. Address “COVID Fatigue” and how to remain vigilant during the pandemic
UIO ED/CEOs, UIO Staff, Community Health Workers, IPC Champions
For past Communities of Learning, trainings, webinars, and resources, please visit our Community of Learning page.