Late in 2021, the National Council of Urban Indian Health (NCUIH) hosted focus groups for Urban Indian Organizations (UIOs) and delivered surveys to define key UIO priorities. NCUIH would like to further this conversation since 100% FMAP for UIOs was included in the American Rescue Plan Act by providing a space for UIOs to share how the implementation has been going in a special session on January 25. This event will be presented by NCUIH’s Policy Analyst, Jeremy Grabiner, to review NCUIH’s ongoing policy assessment and top legislative priorities for 2022. NCUIH’s Federal Relations Manager, Mica Venturo, will also join to discuss FMAP implementation with participating UIOs and review NCUIH’s FMAP strategic advancement guide.
• Jeremy Grabiner, Policy Analyst, NCUIH
• Mica Venturo (Seneca), Federal Relations Manager, NCUIH
1. Review 2021 policy assessment
2. Review 2022 policy priorities
3. Discuss FMAP implementation and review NCUIH’s FMAP strategic advancement guide
UIO ED/CEOs and Leadership, UIO Staff