- This event has passed.
Growing Strong Together: Creating 2SLGBTQIA+ Inclusive Health Care Services
April 12 @ 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm
April 12, 2023 | 2:00 – 3:00 p.m. EDT
Join NCUIH for an interactive three-session series, Nurturing the Three Sisters: Community, Culture, Connection in Urban Indian HIV Care. Participants will cultivate knowledge on principles of indigenous harm reduction, community resources for gender and sexual minorities, and HIV’s connections with other health and wellness concerns.
- Identify challenges faced by LGBTQ2S patients
- Differentiate between affirming sexual health history taking practices and stigmatizing language
- Apply affirming language & improved structures at your clinic
- Hanna Warren, HIV/STD Prevention Program Manager, Alaska Native Tribal Health Consortium (ANTHC)
- Connie Jessen, MA, Alaska Indigenous Research Program Director, Alaska Native Tribal Health Consortium (ANTHC)
For past Communities of Learning, trainings, webinars, and resources, please visit our Community of Learning page.