April 6, 2023 | 2:00 – 3:00 p.m. EST
This hour-long webinar will explore the impacts of boarding schools on the emotional, physical, and spiritual well-being of American Indian and Alaska Native children and their families. Key components of “Truth and Healing Commission on Indian Boarding School Policy Act” will be explored. Culturally based approaches to trauma informed care will be shared to promote healing and resiliency for youth, adults and families.
- Through the exploration of first person narratives, understand the history and impacts of residential schools on the mental, physical and spiritual well-being of American Indian and Alaska Native children and families.
- Summarize key components of “Truth and Healing Commission on Indian Boarding School Policy Act” and apply knowledge and understanding in future healing initiatives.
- Identify key principles and opportunities for implementing a trauma informed care approach at your facility that builds trust and strengthens relationships with patients.
- J. Carlos Rivera, CEO and Founder of Generation Red Road
- Jeremy Grabiner, Congressional Relations Policy Manager, National Council of Urban Indian Health
- Alexandra Payan, JD, Federal Relations Manager, National Council of Urban Indian Health