- This event has passed.
Vax Chat 2023: Paths to Equity
August 31 @ 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm
August 31, 2023 | 2:00 – 3:00 p.m. EDT
The National Council of Urban Indian Health (NCUIH) invites all experts and community members in urban Indian health to discuss what materials and strategies are needed to achieve permanent, equitable vaccination of adult American Indian and Alaska Native (AI/AN) peoples, including COVID-19 and other vaccines.
- Identify common challenges in outreach efforts that promote adult vaccinations to urban AI/AN people.
- Discuss the vaccines that Urban Indian Organizations (UIO) plan to promote to their communities.
- Identify what resources and strategies providers need when educating and encouraging urban Indian patients to get vaccinated.
- Discuss how NCUIH and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) can develop and share vaccination resources for frontline community health staff to help increase patient referrals.
- Tiffani Stark, Public Health Program Manager, NCUIH
- Myca Grant Hunthrop, Public Health Project Coordinator, NCUIH
- UIO ED/CEOs
- UIO Staff
For past Communities of Learning, trainings, webinars, and resources, please visit our Community of Learning page.