- This event has passed.
RE-INDIGENIZE HEALTH: HEALTHY RELATIONSHIPS TALKING CIRCLE
July 1, 2021 @ 7:00 pm - 8:30 pm
RE-INDIGENIZE HEALTH: Decolonizing Our Hearts & Minds
The NCUIH Youth Council Cohort 3 presents the RE-INDIGENIZE HEALTH: Decolonizing Our Hearts & Minds campaign summer series. This engaging experience is comprised of two events that include workshops and talking circles focused on healthy relationships and mental wellness. Our Youth Council’s #IndigiMedicine social media campaign is designed to amplify Native youth voices by connecting them to culturally relevant resources that promote mental wellness and building healthy relationships during COVID-19, creating safe spaces to discuss healthy relationships and Indigenous healing practices, and educating Youth on traditional and holistic tools to share with their peers.
• Understanding various relationship types in Indigenous communities & the historical tribal perspective on sex education
• Defining commonly used affirmations related to LGBTQIA2S+ individuals
• Identifying toxic behaviors that commonly exist among Native families
• Understanding traditional conflict resolution teachings used among Indigenous communities and their partners/families
•Providing healthy relationship resources to overcome hurtful behavior such as possessiveness, jealousy and anger
- NCUIH Youth Council Cohort 3
- Letoy Lunderman (Oglala Lakota) | Director, South Dakota Coalition Ending Domestic & Sexual Violence
Thank you to our Sponsors:
Healthy Native Youth, We R Native, Center for Native American Youth, UNITY
For past Communities of Learning, trainings, webinars, and resources, please visit our Community of Learning page.