- This event has passed.
Info Session: $84,600 Funding Opportunity Open for Electronic Case Reporting (eCR) Implementation
February 23 @ 2:00 pm - 2:30 pm
February 23, 2023 | 2:00 – 2:30 p.m. EST
National Council of Urban Indian Health (NCUIH) is excited to share that there is a funding opportunity for Electronic Case Reporting (eCR) Implementation available to Urban Indian Health Organizations (UIOs). UIOs are encouraged to apply for a one-time award of up to $84,600 to implement an eCR real-time information exchange system to enhance case reporting between their electronic health record (EHR) systems and public health agencies.
NCUIH will consider all applications received, with each application being considered on a rolling basis based on the availability of funds.
Interested UIOs are eligible based on the following core requirements:
- Must use an eligible Electronic Health Records (EHR) system that is not a Resource and Patient Management System (RPMS). Any commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) EHR platform that connects and integrates to eCR may be eligible*.
- UIO must ensure appropriate approvals from UIO leadership to coordinate with NCUIH, Centers of Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), American Public Health Laboratories, eCR Technical Advisors, EHR operations, and any other relevant parties to enhance existing Electronic Health Care systems’ ability to transmit case reporting electronically. (Agreements must be signed between all identified parties and as needed).
- Create and submit a work plan with a budget on how the $84,600 will be utilized. Subject Matter Experts in eCR onboarding will be available to assist you in the creation of your work plan, establish predictable costs and time ranges, and coordinate with any EHR system.
- Submit a quarterly status and end-of-the-year report on a work plan.
- Complete the NCUIH eCR Implementation Activities Checklist accordingly.
- Work with the CDC onboarding team to implement strategies for eCR outlined in work plan.
- UIOs who are using EHRs such as Epic and eClinicalWorks are preferred.
For past Communities of Learning, trainings, webinars, and resources, please visit our Community of Learning page.