- This event has passed.
Episode 3 – Environmental and Mental Resilience as an Urban Native Youth
July 22, 2022 @ 7:00 pm - 8:15 pm
July 22, 2022 | 7 p.m. EST – 8:15 p.m. EST
RejuveNation: Building Resilience in Urban Native Youth Summer Series
NCUIH’s Rivers of Rejuvenation (ROR) Youth Council (YC) is taking action to address Native Youth visibility, mental health/substance abuse challenges, and environmental issues impacting youth wellness. Through their “RejuveNation: Building Resilience in Urban Native Youth” YouTube Summer Series, ROR members will share stories of hope, advocacy through art, and tips on creating healing environments. This three-episode series will include topics such as: 1) Finding and Building Community, 2) Art and Advocacy and 3) Environmental and Mental Resilience as an Urban Native Youth. Special Guests include Maya Rose Dittloff (ǔkkayǔ”kwīyinnimǎakii/Many Pipes Woman) is Mandan, Hidatsa, and Amskapi Pikuni (Blackfeet) whom is a renowned writer, director, and producer (Iron Dog, Dark Winds, and American Prophet). Jeanette Acosta is a permaculture specialist, certified permaculture teacher and designer with extensive experience in herbology, ethnobotany, nutrition, yoga/meditation. Composer and Keyboardist for Emmy and Grammy nominated TV series/album. Please join us as we celebrate each episode with a launch party and your opportunity to win amazing Native swag!
- Recognize how Native youth can connect to the environment while in an urban area
- Understand how environments impact mental and behavioral health?
- Know how to utilize nature and the environment to address mental health challenges?
Rivers of Rejuvenation Youth Council Members and Headliner Guest Interviewee:
- McKalee Steen (Cherokee Nation in Oklahoma), Berkeley, CA
- Kamryn Yanchick(Seminole Nation of Oklahoma & descendent of the Muscogee Nation), Norman, OK
Special Guest Interviewee:
- Jeanette Acosta is a permaculture specialist, certified permaculture teacher and designer with extensive experience in herbology, ethnobotany, nutrition, yoga/meditation. Composer and Keyboardist for Emmy and Grammy nominated TV series/album.
- Center for Native American Youth
- SAMHSA Native Connections Grant
Native AI/AN Youth & Young Adults, Native Youth Serving Organizations, Urban Indian Organizations and Tribal and National Partners
For past Communities of Learning, trainings, webinars, and resources, please visit our Community of Learning page.