April 27, 2023 | 2:00 p.m. EDT
Service providers who work with the American Indian/Alaska Native (AI/AN) community can gain a baseline understanding of Domestic Violence by attending this training. The presenter will define Domestic Violence, discuss barriers, possible solutions, and offer useful resources to decrease Domestic Violence within the AI/AN community. The goal of this training is to enhance the ability of service providers to recognize and effectively serve Native American families who may be experiencing family/domestic violence within their homes and communities.
- Recognize the signs and symptoms of domestic violence, teen dating violence, and crisis response.
- Accurately utilize the lethality assessment, the requirement to report domestic violence and teen dating violence.
- Identify wraparound services within service areas, establishing resources and crisis response services.
- Promote and support victims of domestic violence, prioritizing self-sufficiency.
- Britanee Moreno (Intertribal Council of California)
- UIO ED/CEOs
- UIO Staff
- Tribal Partners and Tribes